Terms and Conditions
Items not in stock have a delivery time of 10-16 weeks to arrive to our warehouse (not including Italian summer and winter holidays).
Please note that all orders require a minimum of 50% deposit of the total value in order to be processed and confirmed. All special order/made to order/ custom order sales are final, and no returns will be accepted.
All prices are quoted as landed to Passaic, NJ warehouse, deliveries are subcontracted and are additional.
Michelangelo Designs takes every step possible to ensure your orders arrive in the best condition possible. All shipments must be inspected upon delivery, and any claim should be made immediately in writing on the bill of lading.
Stock items that are ordered and then cancelled are subject to a 33% restocking fee. Custom orders are not cancellable after 72 hour period from day of order. Shipping charges are non-refundable. Buyer is responsible for repackaging and return transportation. Returned items must be shipped back to Michelangelo Designs in its original packaging, with no signs of use, wear or damage. Upon receipt, Michelangelo Designs will inspect the package for any damage and reserves the right to partially or wholly accept or deny returned merchandise.
At time of delivery, buyers are responsible for the following delivery conditions:
The driver will require the buyer or his/her authorized agent to sign a physical inspection report and/or delivery receipt. It is critical that the buyer or his authorized agent notes (in his/her own words) on delivery receipt any damage to the box before they inspect the product and accept shipment.
If the box shows any signs of carrier mishandling: hole(s), crushed corners, dents, worn tops, bottoms or edges, scraping, dirt etc., the buyer/agent must note the exact description of each carton on the physical inspection report and/or delivery receipt.
Once buyer/agent notes the condition of the box(s), they should inspect the product.
If upon further inspection the buyer/agent notices major or unacceptable levels of damage to the product, the buyer must call Michelangelo Designs’ customer service department (973-779-3200) at time of the delivery to report any damages or incorrect pieces, and email photos of the pieces to email@example.com.
If any products received are damaged or incorrect, Michelangelo Designs reserves the right to fix, adjust, repair, and/or replace the piece.
In the event that a suitable replacement is not feasible, a refund check will be issued.
Payment Timing and Warehousing Fees
Warehousing fees will be applied to any order not picked-up or delivered within 4 weeks of the goods arriving to Michelangelo Designs’ warehouse, unless otherwise noted on the order. A warehousing fee of 2% of the total value of the goods per week will be charged, and must be paid before delivery/pickup. If after 90 days, no delivery or pickup has been completed, Michelangelo Designs has the option to cancel the order while refunding the customer the total amount minus the 33% restocking fee and any warehousing fees, unless otherwise agreed upon in writing. All goods must be paid within 4 weeks of merchandise being available for pickup/delivery, otherwise an additional late payment fee of 5% of the outstanding balance will be added weekly. If an order is not paid in full after a total of 8 weeks, the order will be cancelled and the deposit will go towards the restocking fee of 33% of the total value of the merchandise plus any warehousing and late payment fees. Any goods unclaimed will lose the protections and benefits Michelangelo Designs and its manufacturers offer regarding warranties. Michelangelo Designs is not responsible for cosmetic damages that may occur during the warehousing phase (after 4 weeks of non-delivery/pickup.)
It is the buyer’s full responsibility to thoroughly inspect an item before signing and accepting delivery. If damage is discovered after signing for delivery without any notation, Michelangelo Designs will not be responsible for any replacement or return.
Michelangelo Designs puts great effort into displaying colors and products on our website and in our catalogs as true to actual as possible, however due to image processing limitations and varying monitor qualities, colors may appear slightly different than actual.
If a defect is discovered and confirmed at the time of delivery or , Michelangelo Designs will replace the defective part at no cost to the buyer. In the event that a suitable replacement is not available, a return will be authorized, and after return is completed, a refund will be issued in the form of the original payment method or a company check.
All orders are subject to strikes, labor problems, lockouts contingencies of transportation, failure of usual source of supply of fuel, materials or labor, accidents, products delay or any other difficulties; Michelangelo Designs will be relieved from responsibility for delay or failure of delivery arising out of any such causes.
Payment on Delivery/Pickup
All balances must be paid at the time of delivery (prior to unloading) or before delivery. Payment prior to delivery date, by at least 4 business days may be made by cash, personal/business check, bank check, credit card, or wire transfer. Personal/Business checks and wire transfers must clear before delivery, please allow a minimum of 4 business days. If payment is made at time of delivery or pick-up, bank/cashier’s check or cash can be used, and must be paid to the driver prior to unloading goods.
Your satisfaction is our number one goal. We stand by our quality and craftsmanship. Our products are proudly Made in Italy. All of our merchandise is warrantied for 2 years from the date delivered date.
We recommend inspecting your item(s) thoroughly once delivered, if there is anything which concerns you, you must report it to the delivery team, write it on any relevant delivery documentation, and inform our office immediately.
Any issues reported after the date of delivery must be reported within 48 hours of the delivery but may result in a delay in determining the cause of the issue.
Any form of damage caused by you once the item is delivered, is not covered by the Warranty under any circumstances. We will however assist you to fix or replace the item if requested, and there may be reasonable costs and charges imposed. This will be at the discretion of the company.
Michelangelo Designs is not responsible for the loss of use, time, inconvenience, packaging, travel or other incidental damages.
Our service and warranty policy extends only to standard usage for furniture.
This warranty is made SOLELY TO THE PURCHASER and at the original address of the merchandise and is NON-TRANSFERABLE under any circumstances. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to contact Michelangelo Designs. to initiate a warranty claim. We advise all purchasers to retain invoices for a minimum of two years for warranty purposes. Please have the model number, invoice, and pictures/video of the item and the issue for us to determine how to best proceed. Please email these documents to “firstname.lastname@example.org”
- FRAME, POCKET SPRINGS & WORKMANSHIP: Michelangelo Designs warrants the hardware frame, Pocket Springs, and workmanship, which includes all seams and zippers to be free from manufacturing defects in workmanship and materials for two (2) years as long as the original buyer owns the product. Warranty does not cover accidental or other in-home damages. Warranty is void if furniture shows signs of abuse, misuse or damage by fire, flood or negligence.
- SEAT CUSHIONS: Michelangelo Designs uses high-density polyurethane seat cores. A high-resiliency foam layer is laminated on top of the seat core for exceptional comfort and a “crowning” effect. Michelangelo Designs warrants all seat cushions against loss of shape (resiliency) for two (2) years. Do not confuse loss of shape (resiliency) with the natural softening and flattening of polyester fiber and foam that occurs with age and normal use. All foam and fiber soften. Softening is not considered a defect. Refer to care instructions in your furniture care manual.
- LEATHER: All our Leather comes with a two (2) years warranty against cracking, peeling or splitting. This warranty is extended only to the original Buyer and covers residential use only. This warranty does not cover fading or damaging due to wrong chemicals use for cleaning or exposure to sunlight, and is voided if there is evidence of heavy soiling abuse or neglect by the consumer. Contact us prior to delivery and refer to care instructions in your furniture care manual.
- MECHANISM: Michelangelo Designs warrants all bed, recliner, motion and chair mechanism to be free from defects for two (2) years from the day merchandise is delivered to the original buyer.
- MOTOR WARRANTY: Motors carry a two-year (2) warranty against malfunction. We provide Warranty for any item which contains a mechanism, moving part or electronics. This does not cover inappropriate use such as damage, misuse by blocking or restricting a mechanism, or not addressing voltage differences when moving an item to another country. Should there be an issue with a mechanism or electronics, we will do all we can to resolve the issues on site, though in some circumstances we may have to return the item to our facilities to resolve the issue.
- SERVICE: Should any defect develop, the item will be repaired or replaced, based on Michelangelo Designs’ sole discretion. Transportation costs within our normal trading area (50 Miles Radius from our Store) are included as part of this warranty for the first year of ownership. After the first year, for any service under warranty, you are responsible for transporting your furniture to 2 Main Avenue, Passaic, NJ 07055 where all warranty work will be completed free of charge. Customers may also choose in-home service for nominal fee covering transportation time and costs. Please contact us for further details and accurate estimates of additional costs.
- METAL: Natural aging of metals, rust, or tarnishing due to scratches, abrasions.
- Changing colors and texture of fabrics, leathers, marble, or wood finishes over time.
- Minor variations or differences between website images and your actual furniture.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Cracking, splitting, shrinking, warping caused by exposure to weather or extreme atmospheric conditions such as humidity.
- Punctures, rips, and tears caused by sharp objects.
- Fading, pilling, wrinkling, mildew, stains, pets damage.
- Improper maintenance, improper use, improper cleaning, improper installation, or use other than intended.
- Any product modifications not authorized by Michelangelo Designs.
- Failure on the customer’s part to comply with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Damages incurred during assembly or maintenance.
- Damage caused by outside influence, fraud, intentional acts, war, hostilities or vandalism.
- Dissatisfaction due to buyer’s remorse or change of heart.
- The Customer shall reasonably cooperate with Michelangelo Designs in its efforts to perform its obligations under this warranty. Failure to comply with these requirements will void this warranty.
This warranty supersedes and replaces all implied warranties of merchantability and use for particular purpose. No representative, employee, or agent of Michelangelo Designs or any other person is authorized to assume for Michelangelo Designs any additional liability or responsibility in connection with Michelangelo Designs merchandise except as described above. Implied warranties or merchantability and fitness of the merchandise are limited to a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase. In no event shall Michelangelo Designs be liable for indirect, consequential or incidental damages of any kind. This warranty is subject to change at any time without notice.